The city of Ibadan has a lot to offer, especially for visitors who want to experience Nigerian culture. This city has all the things that one can imagine from a typical Nigerian city. From its history and natural beauty, you’ll fall in love with this place instantly!
- Ado awaye suspended lake: Ado Awaye suspended lake is a sight to behold. It is located in the Iseyin Local Government Area of Oyo State, Nigeria. The lake lies just 20km West of Iseyin, hence the name Ado Awaye (meaning: 3 km away). It is one of the most visited tourist attractions in Oyo State, Nigeria. There are lots of shrines, historical landmarks, and beautiful viewpoints to see at this place which makes this place a special one for tourists. The site is unique to the region having its name derived from the local language, which means waterfall or flowing water. A peaceful place to relax and enjoy nature around you, the location of this beauty allows one to relax or stroll around in the rich greenery and unparallel views as would be appreciated by many other places of Oyo State.
- Visit the Agodi gardens: Agodi Gardens is a great place for couples, families, or friends. It has lots of attractions like the water park, children’s play area, rides, picnic spots, restaurant area, and a lake. If you are planning to go to Ibadan in Oyo state, this would be great because it is centrally located in Ibadan so you could quickly get around the place.
- Climb the hill station ruin: Climbing up the hill station ruins in Ibadan is one of the best things to do in Ibadan. The view from the summit of the hill station is absolutely stunning, and you will feel like you are at the top of the world. The ruins are well-maintained and easy to climb. You can also see a lot of wildlife while climbing up the ruins.
- Visit the UI zoological garden: If you’re looking for an activity that’s more than just a walk in the park, check out the University of Ibadan Zoological Garden. It’s a fantastic place to visit with your family or friends. The zoo has over 2,500 animals on display from around the world, from lions and tigers to monkeys and birds. You can also see crocodiles, elephants, and even rhinos! And if you’re lucky enough to be there when they open their new conservation center, you’ll get to see some of Nigeria’s very rare species—including the okapi (a type of giraffe).
- Visit the Cocoa House: You can’t visit Ibadan without stopping by Cocoa House. Cocoa House is a unique museum in Ibadan, Nigeria. It’s a place where you can learn about the history of cocoa, how it’s grown and harvested, and how you can even try it for yourself! You’re going to love this museum.
- Visit Oke-Ado Market: a market in Ibadan that is considered one of the largest markets in Nigeria. It’s often referred to as the “heart” of Ibadan, and it’s known for its variety of foods, spices, and other goods. The market is also a great place to visit if you’re looking for some souvenirs. You’ll find everything from traditional African clothing to local crafts and art. You can even buy some local souvenirs and take them home with you!
- Eat at the Oja-Oba Market also known as Adamasingba market: If you’re in Ibadan, you must go to Oja-Oba Market: It’s known as Adamasingba Market, and it’s the best place to eat. The market is excellent because it has tons of different foods from all over Nigeria, but also because it’s right in the city center! The market is so close to everywhere you want to go in Ibadan—you can walk there from anywhere. And once you get there, you’ll find that it’s just as full of life as any other market. You can stop at one of the stands and try their food, or just hang around and watch people shopping for their favorite snacks. You’ll also find lots of different stores selling things like clothes and jewelry—things that make good souvenirs when you come back home! And if you’re ever feeling tired or hungry after walking around all day, there are plenty of places where you can sit down with a drink or takeout meal.
If you are planning to spend holidays in Ibadan, then this is a list of the best places to visit and things to do.